Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pray for Relief

Psalm 4:1 (Amplified Bible)
"Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness (uprightness, justice, and right standing with You)! You have freed me when I was hemmed in and enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer."

Tammy is in a lot of pain again today. She has a lot of mouth sores that are a result of the chemotherapy she's still receiving (to prevent the Graft Vs. Host Disease). The GVHD is the rejection we're trying to avoid. We're hoping the pain subsides tomorrow, because she has trouble eating and talking.

I've spent a lot of time this evening just staring at her and trying to get her to smile. She's such a strong person, that she smiles through the pain. I know I'm biased, but even with no hair and cheeks that look like she's got the mumps, she's still the most beautiful person I know.

But I can't wait until that smile is easy because the pain is gone. The good thing is that the doctor is not worried. He predicted that she would have a fever this evening, and unfortunately she followed orders. It's right around 100, so it's low grade. But that doesn't help how she feels. We're ready for this part to be done.

We don't want to ask for too much, but if you can pray that the sores would go away, we'd appreciate it.

No comments: