"I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
Please keep praying. Tammy has developed other complications, though at this point the doctor and nurses don't think they're life-threatening.
The different meds I wrote about earlier have caused a problem with her now struggling to get enough oxygen. Her oxygen drops when she's sleeping, which is most of the time now, because of the heavier dose of medicine. While she's awake she's okay; she's constantly clearing her throat and getting rid of the mucus. But when she sleeps, she doesn't, and her oxygen levels drop into the low 80s.
The doctor called in a pulmonologist (sp?), who considered taking her up to ICU because he was worried about this going to pneumonia. But they decided the risks of the ICU (other bacteria, etc.) were too great, so they're keeping her in the BMT unit. They've put her on oxygen and are monitoring her more closely. (I'm not leaving her side, either.)
The doctor still says that when her counts come back up in another 4-5 days, the sores will clear up and the mucus will go away. With it, this risk will go away. It's just hard to watch right now.
I'll update as necessary. Send me an email (DavidDSmale@gmail.com) if you have any questions, instead of calling, because I want her to rest.