Saturday, May 19, 2012

More Progress

Psalm 46:10
"He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'"

Patience is not high on my list of qualities. I pray for patience, but usually the prayer goes like this: "Give me patience, Lord, and please give it to me now!" Obviously, that's not a very effective prayer. I have a hard time being "still."

This is especially true when I'm waiting for something like Tammy's improvement. I want her to be well so badly that I have a hard time waiting for things to follow their normal course. I'm learning through this process that God's timing is not necessarily my timing. And, of course, His timing is perfect.

I'm learning a lot of patience from Tammy. She has learned how to celebrate the baby steps that recovery from this dreadful disease requires.

We had more encouraging news this morning. The doctor came in and told her that he is very pleased with the numbers. He said she would have days when she doesn't feel well, but she'll also have days when she does. And he expects her to continue to improve to the point that she might be able to go home as soon as Monday, May 28, two short weeks after her stay here began.

I must remember that if that day isn't the day, God's timing is perfect. I'll just have to wait until He's ready for her to come home. And I'll continue to praise Him for the progress that He has allowed in Tammy so far.

No comments: