Thursday, April 19, 2012

Preparations

John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

I know, this is totally out of context. Jesus was talking about preparing a place for us in Heaven, so we can be with Him. But as we were looking for a verse that was relevant to today, we found this one. I've had a lot to do to get the house ready, but I can't wait to come back to the hospital tomorrow and take her home to be with me.

We've had about 10 hours to digest the news of this morning, and we're more excited than we were then. We still know it might not happen tomorrow, but the fact that it's possible is encouraging.

After spending some time at home this afternoon "preparing a place for her," I came back to the hospital. We've spent most of the time talking about how we'll do things once she's home. We talked about the layout of the house (we're thankful for a small home) and how she'll get around when I'm not there.

It's little different than what we went through after her transplant. She won't need round-the-clock care, and her diet won't be as restricted. She'll still have to visit the clinic at least three times per week, and we'll set up a schedule for people to take her to her appointments. Other than fatigue, she feels pretty good, so we don't have to worry much about how she'll handle the days she feels sick.

We've had a lot of time today to be thankful. Once again, we've thought about how thankful we are for the wonderful treatment she's received at KU Med Center. We're thankful that she recognized the symptoms quickly, so she could get treatment right away.

And of course, we're very thankful for the prayers that have been lifted up on her behalf. We're a long way from being done with this journey, so we continue to covet your prayers.

No comments: