Monday, April 23, 2012

One Plate of Spaghetti, with a Beenie Weenie Chaser

Genesis 2:18
"The LORD God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone.'"

A few weeks ago, I posted on the blog how lonely I was with Tammy in the hospital. I made spaghetti that night, which I love, but I didn't enjoy it because I ate alone.

Well, tonight I ate spaghetti again. It was delicious, and thanks to our good friends, Vince and Debbie, I didn't have to cook it. And even though I was the only one who ate spaghetti, I didn't have to eat alone. Tammy is still on a neutropenic diet, which means she has too many restrictions to eat something "homemade." So while I get to chow down on things like spaghetti, Tammy gets to fill up on such things as Dinty Moore Beef Stew and Beenie Weenies. But we can eat our dinners together, and that makes all the difference in the world.

We have another friend who describes his wife as his "completer." We can't think of a better way to describe our relationship. Even though we have our own identities, those identities are made more complete when including the other. I'm not just David, the sports fan and insurance agent. I'm David, the husband of Tammy, and the father of David and Julie. I'm also the friend of more people than I can count. I am tremendously blessed with many people who impact me on a daily basis.

But mostly, I am a child of God. There are holes in every area of my life, but God is able fill every hole. It is our prayer that you have that same relationship.

No comments: