Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's Just Physical

Psalms 16:8-9
"I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure."

Tammy has a great attitude, as you know if you've been following this blog for a while. Yesterday, she told me that the hospital chaplain had visited her and asked how she felt, especially when she got the news that the Leukemia had returned.

Tammy's response was exceptional, and at the same time what you'd expect. "I knew that I needed to come back to the hospital, so I was ready. The doctors here are world-class, and they knew exactly what needed to be done to fix my body. It's just physical."

It's just physical. No matter what happens with this disease it cannot affect her attitude or her soul. She belongs to Jesus, and He will protect her. "He's at her right hand." She's not worried about how the disease affects her body. Of course she wants to get better, but she's focused on doing the right things to recover, rather than worrying about what might happen.

All of us face struggles, whether they're physical ailments, life situations that cause stress, or anything else that can get us off track. It's easier said than done, but Tammy has the right idea. Those things can't take us down if we don't let them.

Can you tell why Tammy is my hero?

No comments: