Friday, April 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home!


1 Samuel 25:35b
"Go home in peace. I have heard your words and granted your request."


I went to the grocery store this evening. I haven't had that much fun at the grocery store in years. Why? Because I had a list of things to get for Tammy since I was able to bring her home from the hospital earlier in the day. The last time we brought her home from the hospital, I went to the same grocery store with a list. That wasn't nearly as much fun, because I was nervous that I would do something to make her sick. Now that I know what foods will taste good to her, and how to do things to help her recover, I could focus on spoiling her.

It's such a blessing to have her home with me. I keep looking over to where she's sitting and just smile at her. I can't believe how much warmer this house is with her here. There's an ambiance of joy in the air.

We know there's a long road ahead. We don't know how long she'll be home before she heads back for another bone-marrow transplant. When her numbers come up, she'll have another biopsy. The results of that biopsy will give the doctors the answer to that question. They're reaching out to another potential donor to see if he is willing to donate when the time is ready.

If you want to stop by and visit, please call first. Our home number is 913-262-0740 and her cell is 913-908-4795. Please don't come if you've been sick or been around anyone who is sick. Also, if you've been around small children, please refrain. Drive-by's are okay (you can wave at her through the window).

She's also still on a special diet, at least for the next couple of weeks. She has too many restrictions to have someone else prepare meals. We'll let you know when she's ready to accept meals from others.

We appreciate your prayers.

No comments: