Friday, June 1, 2012

The Next Step

Exodus 12:2
"This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year."

Tammy and I are both resting this evening at the hospital. She's still in recovery mode, though she continues to improve. I moved my office today, and I'm exhausted. I don't have that much stuff, but it took most of the day. I'm sore and tired, but with a sense of accomplishment. I can't wait to start operating in the new digs.

As we sat here and visited, we tried to figure out what to write. I walked by her "information board," where the nurses put the day's stats, and it hit me. Today is June 1, a new month. The transplant is so last month's news. She's now into a new month with its own set of challenges and opportunities. She'll go home EARLY this month, and will begin the at-home portion of the long road to recovery.

We are so blessed that she is doing so well. Her sores are going away. They've taken her completely off the pain medicine drip. She still has the pump available if she experiences sudden pain, but she hasn't used it in a couple of days. Her counts continue to rise. Everything looks good.

We're not out of the woods, so please don't stop praying. We covet your prayers for a complete recovery.

No comments: