Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today is the Day...

Psalm 118:24
"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

This is an exciting day for us, because the transplant happens tonight. Tammy and I have written all the entries in the blog so far, but today we were copied on a message Julie sent to some of her friends. We thought it summed it up pretty well. So here it is.

Hey friends! Today is transplant day!

First off, I'd like to say thank you all so much for keeping my family in your prayers! It means a lot to me that you would take time out of your day to lift up my mom to the Healer and Creator God! He knows how this will all pan out and how everything will work! He knows every intricate detail! He has her in His hands and for that I am eternally grateful!

Today, Mom will have the last of the preparation. They will do the transplant around 9 p.m. Kansas time.

I will let you know something tomorrow when I find out how things go. I'm not sure how much communication I will be able to have with Mom, but I'll be in constant contact with my dad and brother in Kansas City.

Please keep her in your prayers! Be praying that the doctors keep up the good work they are doing. Pray that the new bone marrow and blood attaches and is accepted. Pray that immediate healing will occur.

I returned a little over a month ago from Ethiopia, to learn from an organization there (Life In Abundance) on how to reach out to their community. I learned so much more than that! Prayer is such a powerful thing! We use it to talk to the Most High! We add "if it's your will" too flippantly. When we pray, we should expect things to happen! I'm not saying that we will always get our way; I'm saying that praying to the Lord is a huge thing! He is able to do all things! He is able to connect bone marrow to bone. He is able to heal her completely. So why don't we pray with confidence to the Faithful, Comforting, Miraculous, Provider God?

"May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the Power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13.

Thanks for trusting in the Lord with me and lifting my mom up to Him!

Love from Kentucky.

No comments: