Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homecoming!!!!!

James 1:2-3
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

It is with pure joy that I tell you that Tammy is coming home tomorrow! We knew she was improving and the latest report was that she would be able to come home as early as next Monday. Then one of the doctors on the team came in today and said she was being released tomorrow. Holy cow!

That set in motion a mad scramble to get the house ready. We were planning a final work day Saturday, so everything had to be moved up. Very quickly. But through some Divine intervention--including a "coincidental" insurance appointment I had--everything will be ready before she leaves the hospital.

The verse above is very appropriate for me, because the news did create a trial. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say that I was wondering what the doctor was thinking, releasing her before I was ready. I even let some doubt creep in that God had this in His control as well. If it is so important that our house be sterile, and I couldn't get it done in time for her return, what kind of a plan was that? He must be chuckling at me, because the insurance appointment was with a nurse, who knew all about what needed to be done. She called the person who cleans her house and before I left her house we had an appointment for 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. They will sterilize our house and make it acceptable for a bone-marrow post-transplant patient.

After tomorrow afternoon, you can call Tammy at home (913-262-0740). If you're not sick, haven't been around anybody who's sick, or haven't been around children under 12, you can stop by and visit. Please call first to make sure she's up for visitors. (She can't have plants, so please don't send any.)

This is a day of preparation for a day of celebration. We know there is still a long road ahead of her. There are still risks. But God has shown His mighty Hand. We trust Him to keep her in His care. Thank you so much for your prayers.

No comments: