Friday, April 17, 2009

A Disappointing But Necessary Delay

Job 42:2
"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

The doctor came in this morning and decided he wasn't quite ready to release Tammy. She is showing very normal post-transplant signs, and he wants to make sure they don't progress to something that would be more difficult to handle at home. So she is now scheduled for release on Monday.

It's disappointing, because after scrambling to get everything ready, we were real anxious to have her home with us. But we agree with the decision. As much of a panic as I was in yesterday trying to get prepared, I was more concerned with whether she was ready. My reaction was more for the immediate need, but the underlying thought was concern for her being healthy enough to be home. I have written before that I am a little nervous about our ability to take proper care of her. We are all more comfortable with this decision.

Now I have to be careful not to mess up the house between now and Monday. The cleaning crew did an amazing job. I'm tempted to go stay somewhere else so I don't make a mess.

God teaches us something every day. Today, He is reminding us that we can make all the plans we want, but His plan is the only correct one. Please continue to pray that we will be obedient to Him in this whole process. Thanks.

No comments: