Monday, March 26, 2012

An Inspiration

Psalm 86:2-3
"Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long."

Over the past three-plus years, I've written about a lot of things. Most of them have to do with Tammy's condition. A few of them have been about her faith and how she inspires others. This is one of those.

Earlier today on Facebook, the following exchange took place:

One of my cousins wrote: "There is no doubt in my mind that God is so proud of you Tammy. You shine no matter what is going on. Your SALT and LIGHT are contagious. You add JOY and INSPIRATION to everyone you know. I love you Tammy!"

A young lady from our church then wrote: "I love and miss you too, Tammy."

A friend from our church in Manhattan (we moved from there 22 years ago!) added: "I agree and I think the enemy wants to take you out for that very reason. You are a great threat to him!"

Tammy's response was this: "Maybe, but Satan has been defeated, so I will not be fooled. Try, he may, but I KNOW full well that Jesus, the Lord of Hosts, has His Hosts here to protect me. I am covered with His blood, no matter what shape my blood is in. I am not afraid! I will not let my guard down and I am staying strong and amazingly courageous." Then she quoted I Corinthians 16:13-14. "Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong. Do everything in love."

I've said for some time that Tammy is my hero. Her faith is amazing. I love her more than I can express. I thank you for praying for her.

No comments: