Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Special Day

Mark 12:30
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

I have been a part of a business networking group, called "We're Talkin' Tuesday," for more than three years. We meet every other Tuesday and talk about business, giving each other tips, referrals and a friendly ear during tough economic times.

I have become quite close to many of the people in the group. As Tammy has gone through this battle, these friends have been a constant support. When I finish my 30-second "commercial" about my business, they always ask for a "Tammy update." Many people have told us they were praying for Tammy, and as I shared the good news of her progress they shared in my joy.

But the joy was never like it was today. Tammy was cleared to go out in public on a limited basis in late July, and today was the first opportunity to introduce her to "the family" at "We're Talkin' Tuesday." The leader asked me to introduce our special guest, and so I introduced "the love of my life and my hero."

She got a standing ovation.

I had a friend take a video using my phone. We're trying to get it into a form that will show on the web. If we do, we'll post it in the next couple of days.

I had looked forward to this day for some time. I am so proud of her, and I couldn't wait to show her off. I can hardly contain myself when I get the opportunity to talk about how much I love her.

It's not as easy to have that much enthusiasm when it comes to sharing our love for the Lord. It doesn't mean that we shy away from our faith when somebody asks us about it, but can we say that we jump at every opportunity to show off our Lord? Do we act like we're proud of our Savior? It is our prayer that we could demonstrate our love for the Lord in a way that will show everyone that He is the primary focus of our lives.

No comments: