Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Psalm 40:1-5 "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rockand gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

As we've written previously, the Lord is teaching us patience in a new way through this journey. We now are trying (not real successfully) to wait patiently to find out if either of Tammy's brothers is a match. She and they got tested on the 23rd, but we still haven't heard the results. They should come any day.

In the meantime, we're enjoying another day away from work. We're relaxing with family, watching football and eating. What else do you do on New Year's Day?

Our new song in 2009 is the same song we had in 2008, even before we learned of Tammy's illness--"a hymn of praise to our God."

We'll update as soon as we hear about the matches. We pray for you as you prepare to serve the Lord in 2009.

No comments: